MSI K7-Pro Motherboard Review
My past experience with MSI motherboards have always been positive. Their products are reasonably priced, generally good
performers, and are usually rock hard stable when overclocked. Let's see
if this trend continues with this 4 layer PCB motherboard that represents MSI's second
attempt at the AMD Athlon motherboard market. Enter the K7-Pro.
|Avg. retail Price is$185 CDN /
$118 USD |
K7 Pro / (MS-6195) Spec Sheet
- Slot A for AMD Athlon(TM)
- Supports 500/550/600/650 MHz or higher
- Supports three memory banks using
three 168-pin unbuffered DIMM sockets.
- Supports a maximum memory size of
768MB for SDRAM.
- Supports 3.3v PC100 SDRAM DIMM.
- 1 AGP, 6 PCI, Supports 3.3v/5v PCI
- Plug & Play BIOS.
- AMD Irongate chipset.
(Northbridge) 200MHz EV6 System Interface speed.
- 100MHz SDRAM. 1x/2x
- AMD 756(TM) (Viper) chipset.
- OHCI USB. APIC.
- Microsoft PC99 Compliant.
D-LED(TM) (Onboard Diagnostic LEDs) (Reserved).
- T.O.P. Tech(TM) III
(Thermal Overheat Protection Technology) (Optional).
- PC Alert(TM) III
(System Hardware Monitor).
- Supports Accelerated Graphic Port (AGP)
- TCAC (Built in Trend Micro Anti-Virus Protection on BIOS).
- LAN Wake Up Function.
- Modem (Internal/External) Ring Wake Up Function.
- Vcore & Vi/o setting through BIOS.
- 100 MHz clock is supported.
(200MHz Internal System Bus)
- 1 floppy port supports 2 FDD with
360K, 720K, 1.2M, 1.44M and 2.88 Mbytes.
- 2 Serial ports.
- 1 parallel port
supports SPP/EPP/ECP mode.
- 2 USB ports.
- 1 IrDA connector for
- The K7 PRO is shipped with 2
heatsink rests, one 40 pin - 80 conductor Ultra ATA 66 cable, one floppy
drive cable, a manual, a LED sticker, the D-LED pamphlet, and finally a
AMD AGP Miniport driver, and IDE driver. Also included is the MSI Utility, PC-Cillin'98 w updates (an Anti-virus program,) Media Ring,
Remote Control Utility, and the standard Adobe Acrobat for checking
out the manuals.
Now onto the features of the board...